Get Professional Assistance from a Child Custody Lawyer in St. Louis, MO

A divorced parent always has the option to move without their children. However, if you are planning to relocate with your children, you must get a written agreement from the other parent or take the case to court. Under Missouri law, a parent cannot relocate a child’s primary residence for more than 90 days without first notifying the other parent, at least 60 days in advance. This gives the other parent an opportunity to file a motion to prevent the relocation.


If you are planning to relocate, or your ex is planning to relocate with your child and you want to stop it, a child custody lawyer at the Law Offices of Margot H. Beasley can assist you. Relocation cases are often complex and often involve a win or lose outcome. Margot has won many relocation cases for her clients.

Notice of Relocation for a Parent with a Child Custody Agreement

A notice of relocation must include:  


  1. The address of the new residence, or the city if the address is not yet known
  2. The telephone number of the new residence (unless they will only be using a cellphone) 
  3. The date of the intended move 
  4. A statement that offers reasons for the move 
  5. A proposal for a new visitation schedule with the child 

Consult With a Child Relocation Attorney Today

If you need an experienced child custody lawyer to advise and/or represent you in a relocation-related matter, get in touch with the Law Offices of Margot H. Beasley today. Call (314) 727-5533 or fill out our online contact form to request a free initial consultation.

Check Us Out Online



Get the guidance you need to take the next step forward

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top