Child Custody & Support

Experienced Child Support Lawyer in St. Louis, MO

When parents get divorced, their main concern is ensuring the wellbeing of their children. Each party may have a different idea of what is best for their children. Typically, the parent who receives more custody time is entitled to child support from the other parent. 


If you need help establishing a child support order, or modifying an order that no longer fits your situation, we can help. Margot Beasley is a compassionate and experienced child support lawyer based in St. Louis, MO. She can help you understand your options and fight for your interests if there is a dispute.


Child support payments are typically determined based on: 


  • The income of each parent 
  • The earning ability of each parent 
  • The nature of the custody agreement 
  • The specific living expenses of the child (health insurance, etc.)  

A child support lawyer can help you make the implementation process simpler and represent you in court if necessary.

Work With a Child Custody Attorney to Establish, Modify, or Enforce a Family Court Order

There are two types of custody: physical and legal. Physical custody addresses the time each parent will spend with the child. Having legal custody means you have the authority to make important decisions regarding the child’s healthcare, education, religion, and other aspects of their upbringing. Courts also must decide between awarding sole custody to one parent or joint custody to both parents. In most cases, they will opt to award joint custody.  


This means a custody and parenting time agreement must be determined. This arrangement may be determined based on: 


  • The child’s age 
  • Each parents’ relationship with the child  
  • The relationship between the parents and their ability to communicate with each other 
  • The distance between the two parents’ homes 
  • + other related factors  

When an unmarried couple has a child, the parents automatically have equal rights if the father is on the child’s birth certificate. If not, the father must establish paternity, usually through DNA testing, in order to obtain custody/visitation rights. In either scenario, it is impossible to enforce these custody and visitation rights without a court order. Fathers are frequently alienated from their children because of the lack of a custody order. The Law Offices of Margot H. Beasley has extensive knowledge about paternity law and can help you establish a legal relationship with your child.

Discuss Your Situation With a Compassionate Family Lawyer and Get the Answers You Need to Navigate Your Situation

Do you need to speak with an experienced custody and child support attorney? Call (314) 727-5533 or fill out our online contact form to request a free initial consultation today.

Check Us Out Online



Get the guidance you need to take the next step forward

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top